We have developed this policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information.
- Miragroup is committed to protecting the rights of individuals to privacy with regard to the processing of personal data
- It is necessary for Miragroup to process personal data in the normal and proper conduct of business operations
- Such processing will be conducted fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- If you have a query regarding the accuracy of your personal data then your query will be dealt with fairly and impartially
General use of personal data
- Miragroup holds data on business contacts; and other individuals interested in Miragroup
- This personal data is held in a variety of formats, electronic and manual
- The processing of personal data is subject to the rules laid down under the Data Protection Act 1998. Your personal data will be used only for proper purposes that are considered by Miragroup to be for your benefit
- The protection of your personal data will be governed by the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Access to your data will be restricted to those personnel to whom it is necessary for proper purposes
- Miragroup will not sell your personal data to third parties. Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties where this is for proper purposes related to business matters, for example where this is required by professional bodies or where it is necessary for the delivery of services by third parties to you
The principles of data protection
There are eight Data Protection principles set out under the Act. In summary they are that personal data should be:
- obtained and processed fairly and lawfully
- held and used only for specified purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and kept up to date
- kept only for as long as is necessary
- processed according to the Act
- held securely
- held within the European Economic Area
Miragroup will adhere to these principles and the guidelines set out by the Information Commissioner.
Miragroup seeks to use your personal data only for the purposes of legitimate interests and, where practicable, with your consent.
You have the right to know what personal data Miragroup holds about you and for this to be correct. Procedures for the management of personal data are in place and enquiries may be made as set out below.
Accessing your personal data
- You have the right to see the personal data that Miragroup holds about you and for that data to be corrected if it is incorrect
- Minor requests about your personal data may be dealt with informally in the course of normal administration, at the sole discretion of Miragroup. In the first instance, you should contact Sue Tan
We have developed this policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information. We take reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal information.
What personal information do we collect about you, and when do we collect it?
We may ask you for information to enable us to provide a service to you and we collect this information by telephone, written correspondence or via a website. We may ask you for information including your name, private/business address, contact telephone numbers and email address. We may also ask you for other information that relates to the service you are using or ordering.
We collect information from visitors to our website to help us to make improvements to the website and to the services we make available. We know, for instance, how many visitors there are to the website, when they visited, for how long and to which areas of our website they went. You or any other individual cannot be identified from the information we collect as the data is aggregated and anonymised.
We may also monitor our communications with you, including emails and phone conversations.
We do not use this information to:
- analyse your visits to any other websites (except that we do track you if you go to websites carrying our banner, but we do not identify personal details while we do this)
What personal information do we collect about you from other companies and organisations?
We may receive personal information about you from other companies and organisations (for example, for marketing purposes) and we rely on these third parties to obtain your consent for us to use this information.
For how long does Miragroup keep personal information?
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is used for. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
How do we protect your personal information?
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information and the details of any transactions made. We take appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing. We use a secure server to store the information you give us when you register.
What happens when I register with Miragroup's website?
If you do register on our website, we may ask you to provide personal details such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, job title, company name, we also ask you to choose a password.
Once you have registered on our website, we may keep a record of your use of any of the services made available via that particular website.
If you choose not to register with us and only browse our website, we may gather information to help make your visit to our website more satisfying. However, this information will not identify you personally.
If you do not wish to register, you will still be able to use our website. We will only ask you to provide such information as necessary to enable us to carry out the transaction in question. We will not use that information for any other purpose. You should note that some services are only available if you register on the website first.
If you have registered for any of the services available through our websites you may choose to cancel that registration at any time. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com
If you do either of these, your personal details will be deleted from our website database.
Over and above what Miragroup does to safeguard your privacy and security on-line, there are a number of things you can do to protect yourself from Internet fraud:
Choose a password (letters and digits) you can remember but others will not guess, change it regularly and, if you do write it down, keep it somewhere safe and secure.
When you have finished your session on our website, make sure you prevent your details being seen by anyone that you do not wish to see them. So, if you have registered and logged in, remember to log off.
Clear any cache so there is no record of any transactions left on screen - both Netscape and Internet Explorer let you do this.
We also recommend you then close your browser so any history of the session is cleared.
What are cookies?
A "cookie" is a text file containing small amounts of information which a server downloads to your personal computer (PC) or mobile when you visit a website. The server then sends a cookie back to the originating website each time you subsequently visit it, or if you visit another website which recognises that cookie.
There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things, such as letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given a website, and improving your overall experience. Others are used to provide you with advertising which is more tailored to your interests, or to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit.
Some cookies are allocated to your PC only for the duration of your visit to a website, and these are called session based cookies. These automatically expire when you close down your browser.
Another type of cookie known as a "persistent". These cookies would remain on your PC for a period of time.
One of the categories of cookies which we have identified is those which are 'strictly necessary' to enable us to provide you with any service which you have requested from us to be delivered online. We do not need to ask for your consent to use these, as we would not be able to provide the service you had asked for without them.
A further category of cookies which we have identified we have called 'Performance cookies' and we use these only to improve our site or measure response rates. All information collected by these cookies is anonymous and does not in any way impact on your privacy. We need to use them to maintain our site's effectiveness and ease of use, so we have not provided an opportunity for these to be disabled, and by using our site and online services you are agreeing that we can place these types of cookies on your PC.
Cookies can also be removed from your PC using browser settings but there will still be some deterioration in the service you receive (for example, you may receive many pop up boxes containing the same advertisements or you may not be able to access a page you earlier personalised).
Your browser lets you choose whether to accept, not to accept or to be warned before accepting cookies. These can be found in the advanced preferences.